Bomb Attack Was Planned At Germany VS Holland Football Match

Publish Date
Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 8:46AM

A German police official has told local television that the football match between Germany and Holland was cancelled after information that a bomb attack was planned in the stadium.

The stadium in Hanover was evacuated when a suspicious suitcase was found inside.

An Associated Press reporter was not allowed into the HDI-Arena about two and a half hours before the kick-off. Fans were also held back.

Police spokewoman Stephanie Weiss said a suspicious object was found at the stadium. Police later opened the doors and fans started coming in, however the stadium was then evacuated and the game called off.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and several cabinet ministers had been expected to attend the match, four days after the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Germany was playing France in a friendly match during the Paris attacks.

More to come.

 

Source: NZ Herald

Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you